This Taco Chicken dish has been a family favorite for many years. Even better, I didn’t have to change a thing to make it Gluten-free!
Also, you can always throw in ingredients that your family may like too…red pepper, cilantro, sour cream, etc…
What I love about this recipe is that it is very easy to make, and using the slow-cooker makes it even easier!
If you are interested in watching this step-by-step, here is my youtube video for this recipe. You can find me on youtube at: christyleepixx
- 4-6 chicken breast
- Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1/2-1 cup salsa (Picante)
- 1 package cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- shredded cheese
- corn chips
- Spray the bottom of a slow-cooker with cooking spray. Add 4-6 chicken breasts. Sprinkle pepper and seasoning salt over the chicken. Add 1/3 cup chicken broth, and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Close lid. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (until the chicken is tender enough to shred).
- Shred chicken.
- Make sure to leave the broth and juices in the crockpot, return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the following to the slow cooker: beans, corn, salsa, cream cheese.
- Mix together, make sure to cover the cream cheese well. (Cover again with lid)
- Continue to cook these items on low for about 30-45 minutes until the cream cheese is melted.
- Dish up and sprinkle cheese and crushed tortilla chips on top.
- Eat and Enjoy!
So I am curious, besides shredded cheese and corn chips, is there anything else you would add to this dish?
Next Friday I will be back with another segment of “Gluten-free Friday Flavors”
Until Next Time,