If you need a tasty and gluten-free side dish to make, here are two delicious dishes I am sharing with you!
These two recipes are used quite frequently in our home. What we love about them, is that they have great flavoring…which is what we are always looking for when eating gluten-free.
Instructions and steps are below the youtube video. And if you are enjoying these recipes please “follow” this blog, it will keep you updated on upcoming posts.
Built up Caesar Salad Mix:
Caesar salad mix bag from the store (Wal-mart, Costco, Kroger etc.)
- Sliced up cucumber
- 1-2 cups spinach
- Everything in the bags packet EXCEPT the croutons (they are NOT gluten-free)
- Parmesan Crisps
- Parmesan Cheese
- Toss all ingredients well except parmesan.
- Once the entire salad is mixed thoroughly, add parmesan cheese on top.
Lila’s Banana/Pineapple Fruit Salad
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whipped cream (sweetened)
- 2-6 Bananas (depending on your liking)
- In a saucepan, cook all ingredients except cream, bananas and pineapple tidbits.
- Cook until the mixture has thickened on medium heat. Usually takes about 5-7 min.
- Let this mixture cool down and set aside.
- In another bowl, add cup of whipped cream and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Mix the whipped cream until a fluffy-type consistency.
- Pour in the cooled saucepan ingredients.
- Mix in pineapple tidbits and bananas.
- Enjoy the fruit salad!
See you next week for another Gluten-Free Friday Flavors!