Have you thought about this?
What advice would you give your younger self?
I think this question is a great one to reflect on, because it can remind us what to prioritize in our lives today.
Here are —–pieces of advice I would give my younger self, in my twenties.
- Don’t overanalyze or over-stress. So what if you aren’t the Tip Top of everything you pursue, your mental health will be so much better if you can relax and enjoy life more.
- Save more money. When we are young it’s nice to have a good income and to be able to afford what you’d like, but having a bigger nest egg for your future family is always a great thing. Now I am NOT saying don’t spend any of your money, but keep a budget.
- Enjoy your hobbies! As life gets on it’s harder and harder to put time into hobbies, enjoy them now.
- Learn to eat to fuel your body with nourishment. Once you realize your body needs healthy food to work and function properly, you will be amazed at how amazing the body is.
- Workout! Enjoy working out and create that lifestyle habit of moving your body every day.
- It’s ok to fail, in fact, you learn a lot from it! Don’t fear failure. Think of how many accomplished people would never be where they are today if they NEVER took a chance on their dream.
- Surround yourself with positive uplifting people in your life. These people may be family, friends or co-workers. Make sure those people closest to you are creating a “happy vibe.”
- It’s not all about YOU–do something everyday for someone else. Service is truly the key to happiness.
- Get outside and away from technology. Getting some fresh air can be so helpful to the mind, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. Even better, getting away from technology and the “fast paced,” life can bring a sense of peace into your life that will benefit you abundantly.
- Stop comparing yourself to others, and just be the best you!
What would you add to this list?