This recipe may be one of my favorites to share! It has taken me a VERY long time to perfect this recipe…but I think you will love it!
Growing up I LOVED my moms oatmeal chocolate chip recipe.
After becoming gluten-free I craved my moms cookie recipe.
It’s only taken me about thirteen years to get it right. But FINALLY I feel like the texture and the flavor is just like the original, delicious cookie that I loved growing up.
I experimented, and using parchment paper is best…it helps the cookie to rise more.
Enjoy this recipe! Share away! The video is below if you prefer that, if not, follow along and this recipe is simple and delicious!
-1 cup softened butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
-2 Tablespoons water
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-2 cups quick oats (gluten-free)
-2 cups chocolate chips (nestle or hershey)
- Cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, water, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Mix in flour, salt, xanthum gum, and soda.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Spoon drop cookie dough on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees until edges are set and golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling racks and enjoy!
Until Next Time!