We all have things we are afraid of in life, so in this post I’m going to disclose all the things I’m terribly and deathly afraid of.
Let’s think about it, is it ok to be afraid of things?
However, we do have to learn how to conquer fears at the same time.
How do you deal with all the things you’re afraid of in life?
1. Snakes— I know it’s a common one but we are talking deathly afraid. There is no amount of money you could pay me to hold, touch or be close to a snake!
2. Swimming in the open ocean. Yes I have done this, but the older I have gotten, the more fears I have such as: sharks, sting rays, jelly fish and more so.. drowning. I’m not the most confident swimmer and had to get pulled out of some large waves once as a young girl —and I still have such a fear of the ocean.
3. Disappointing people. This is one I’m constantly working on, but I’m definitely afraid of disappointing people. This fear of disappointing people can cause issues with trying too hard to be perfect too. It’s an inward battle I consciously have to make but I’m always afraid of being a big disappointment to people I care about.
4. Spiders— similar to snakes, at least I can smash most spiders if I absolutely have to, but seeing them crawl around gives me goosebumps!
5. Tornadoes. I’ve never been in one but the idea of them is nerve-wracking and scary.
6. Major heights- this means I will NEVER sky dive bungee jump, rock climb, etc. I’m too afraid of heights and can’t grasp how it would be fun.
7. Lots of blood— I knew I could never work in the medical field because I have had a few instances where I’ve seen too much blood and it has caused me to pass out—- not my thing.
Whenever I get into an elevator I think of this instance and prefer the stairs for this reason.
8. An elevator getting stuck– in high school I was with a large group of people in an elevator and some girl pulled the elevator doors apart to be funny —and we got stuck in the elevator for a while. We were jam packed only for like fifteen minutes but I felt so anxious and claustrophobic.
So I could continue to add on pretty much all natural disasters but I will stop with eight.
Yes sometimes I face my fears and smash spiders, and sometimes I don’t —- never will I hold a snake.
I’ve come to terms that as a 35 year old woman, it’s ok to have fears. As long as these fears aren’t completely holding one back…. we all have our things we are “afraid of.”
And that’s okay.
What are you afraid of?
Until next time!
2 thoughts on “Things I’m Afraid of…”
Scared to death of needles and I hate it! I’ve considered hypnotherapy to help me get over it because I hate freaking out.
I used to be the same! Having babies helped that fear but it’s still not my favorite!