If you want a delicious homemade Oreo cookie and you are gluten-free….I have just that!
The best part?
If you DON’T have to eat gluten-free, then you follow the same instructions, just swap out the cake mix for regular devil’s food cake mix, and don’t use xanthum gum and you are GOLDEN!
For the step-by-step video on how to make these TASTY Oreos watch below:
For written step-by-step instruction, read the following:
(minimal ingredients makes for a simple recipe with these tasty Oreos)
GLUTEN-FREE HOMEMADE OREOS:
-Gluten-free Devil’s Food Cake
-3/4 cup shortening/crisco
– 2 eggs
-1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
*Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting OR your favorite frosting recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Canola Oil on cookie sheets and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, crisco, eggs, and xanthum gum.
- Mix well, this is easiest to do by hand with a wooden spoon, or sturdy spatula as it makes a stiff batter.
- Scoop 2 inch balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- When cool, place Duncan Hines frosting between 2 cookies OR for a less chocolate flavor scrape Duncan Hines frosting on top of just one cookie.
**The cookies are a bit thicker than regular, but if you don’t use the xanthum gum they will be extremely flat and crumbly.
***Another yummy idea is to put ice cream between the cookies instead of frosting.
I hope you enjoy cooking and enjoying delicious food with your loved ones!
More Gluten-Free Friday Flavors coming next week!