This cookie recipe is a family favorite!
The peanut butter combined with the chocolate and drizzled over with a powdered sugar/peanut butter mixture is amazing!
Of course it is gluten-free, BUT if you want to make it regular, just switch to regular flour, take out the xanthum gum, and do 2 cups of quick oats instead.
If you need a yummy gluten-free treat I think you will enjoy this.
If you want to watch this step-by-step my Youtube video link of this is below.
Please share and I hope you have fun baking!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour –gluten free (I use cup4cup)
1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
1 cup quick oats (gluten free)
**milk chocolate chips (At least a cup, to your liking), don’t pour into the mixture wait and pour them over the warm cookie mixture
Ingredients for drizzled topping:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
milk (to desired texture)
- Mix ingredients in order listed above, mixing each time.
- Pour cookie mixture into one cookie sheet and flatten out until even.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- While baking combine the drizzled topping ingredients, stir altogether. Texture should pour onto cookies easily (however too runny doesn’t work very well).
- As soon as you take the hot cookie bar out of the oven, dump chocolate chips across the cookie sheet.
- Chocolate chips should begin melting, start to spread the chocolate across the entire peanut butter layer with a butter knife.
- Once chocolate layer is spread out, drizzle the powdered sugar topping over the top.
- Allow to set for a few minutes.
I hope you LOVE this recipe as much as we do. And as always, comment below with any other gluten-free baked goods I should try out.
Until next time,