Do you have one of those recipes in your family that you grab all the time? That recipe that’s not only TASTY but also very EASY?
Well this recipe is for you….and I can tell you, it’s naturally gluten-free, I didn’t have to change ANYTHING because there isn’t any flour in the cookies.
The only recommendation I give you is to check that the quick oats that you purchase are free of contamination (have been processed of wheat). Or you can play it safe, and buy gluten-free quick oats.
Growing up, this recipe was our go-to Sunday night treat and there was never many left for the next day!
Hopefully, this can be a fun, new recipe for you now too!
Check it out on Youtube as well!
No-Bake Cookie Recipe
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Shortening
3 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Cups Quick Oats
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix shredded coconut and quick oats in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Bring sugar, milk, shortening cocoa powder, and salt to a boiling saucepan for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from stove and mix in vanilla.
- Pour sauce over oats and coconuts. Mix Well.
- With large spoon scoop cookie mixture onto wax paper.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
Until next time,